Thursday, April 14, 2016

Just Us Girls - Smooshing

I was able to do a card for JUGS #338 - smooshing challenge this week.  This is the first time I have tried this technique and I like the way it turned out.  I used the tutorial by Kristina Werner that Nancy linked on her blog.  I will have to practice this a little more.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock and Mowed Lawn, Victorian Velvet and Tumbled Glass Distress inks.   I embossed the watercolor cardstock with MFT Roses All Over background stamp and white embossing powder and then followed the tutorial to get the inks on the cardstock.  The flower is made with Heartfelt Creations Botanical Rose and Victorian Velvet Distress ink and SU Wild Wasabi ink for the leaves.  I sponged ink over the edges of the flower and leaves after stamping them.  The sentiment is an older stamp that I got at JoAnn's some time ago.  I stamped it on a Spellbinders Floral Ovals die cut.  I added this to the card with foam tape, as well as the flower and leaves.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

3 comments:

  1. Smooshing is so much fun and it turned out beautifully with this background stamp! Love the colors and the added die cut flower! Hope you have a great weekend, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your smooshing looks awesome with the resist! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gorgeous floral card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.