Wednesday, November 12, 2014

O Holy Night

I have been under the weather for a few days but am finally better and able to make a card.  I made a center step card with a nativity image I cut with my Silhouette Cameo.  I used a pale lt. blue DSP from a Martha Stewart pad so it would look like the night sky.  The large star was part of the image and I added some sparkle with a clear glitter pen.  The tiny stars were stamped by inking just the star on the  O in the sentiment, which is an older stamp from Michael's dollar bin.  I thought it fit the image perfectly.  The swirls were cut with MFT Formal Flourish die.  All the mats are SU Basic Black and the card base is MFT Smooth White.  I added Recollections Enamel Dots on the sentiment panel.

Here is a photo of the inside as I used a sentiment from Our Daily Bread Christmas Blessings and I am entering my card in the ODBD "Anything Holiday" challenge.  I added a small strip of the blue DSP & black CS to the inside panel.

I am also entering my card at Christmas Card Challenge - Faith Based challenge.
Christmas Card Challenges

and linking to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for "seeing Stars" since  I do have the stars.
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment.  I appreciate it.

Have a wonderful day.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn


13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card, I love the addition of the extra stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, JoAnn! I love the nativity scene! So happy to hear you are feeling better. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Christmas Card! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, JoAnn! I love that you made your star sparkle so it stands out a bit more from the other elements - perfect for our challenge! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi JoAnn, So glad you're feeling better. I love this card! It's going to look beautiful on someone's mantel piece! Love how you did the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and I love the colors and the beautiful nativity scene. I really like the stamp on the front. I'm glad you're starting to feel better. We might be neighbors, as I'm also from Central Florida. Thank you for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect card for this challenge!
    Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenge this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, JoAnn, what a stunning step card, and I love the silhouette and the flourishes on the sides! It's so dramatic with the contrast, and I love the beautiful Christmas sentiment inside! So glad you've joined us again for the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well..that is where I am currently myself...hence the not sleeping. :) Glad your feeling better. This step card is really nice! I may have to see about getting that fabulous die! MFT never disappoints! Hope you continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful Christmas card Joann! It's clean, classy and powerful in message! Beautifully done! Thanks for creating with us at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful Christmas Center step card, Joann!! I love the black and white with the Nativity depicting the true meaning of Christmas!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at ODBD!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.