Friday, September 26, 2014

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Merry Christmas

It's Friday and time for another Christmas Stampin' All Year Long challenge which is to use non traditional colors.   This week our sponsor is DRS Designs and I am using their "Large Filigree Star" image.  Here is my card:
I printed the image on Silver CS, cut it out and adhered it with foam tape.  I made the star burst design with papers from an older Martha Stewart Christmas Mat Pad.  There are lots of tutorials for this technique, but to do it, you cut strips of paper 4" by 1-1/2", then cut from top right corner to bottom left corner lengthwise.  I used 4 different designs.  Adhere the strips to a cardstock base and then trim the ends off.  The mats are SU Basic Black and the card base and sentiment panel are Whisper White.  The sentiment from SU Greetings of the Season is stamped in Versamark ink and embossed with silver embossing powder.

I think the blue and silver, with the touch of black, made a pretty non-traditional card.  What do you think?

Now hop on over to Christmas Stampin All Year Long and check out the other fabulous cards by the designers.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful weekend.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

5 comments:

  1. JoAnn, your card is stunning! I love the color combination you used!
    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour combo (Verve colours wink, wink) and a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful star, JoAnn! And I love your "rays"! The black was a perfect choice to let everything pop! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. magnifique JoAnn, très élégante, j'aime l'effet que tu lui as donné, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree with you...love your color combo here! What a striking card! HUGS my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.