Thursday, August 14, 2014

Birthday Wishes for JUGS & FMS

This is my second post today.  Scroll down for my Seize the Birthday card.

This is my card for the JUGS #253 challenge to use washi tape and I used the Freshly Made Sketches #149 challenge.
My card is more CAS than I usually do, but I like the end result.  I think this is my first time using washi tape on a card.  I have had several rolls for awhile but never got around to using it.  The pink print is washi tape by Recollections from Michael's.  I turned the sketch sideways and used my new stamp from MFT Chalkboard Greetings stamped in SU Melon Mambo.  The card base is Melon Mambo CS, the mats are Basic Black and Whisper White CS.  The large panel is embossed with the new SU Large Polk Dot EF.  I added 4 rhinestones to the sentiment panel and my card was done.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

6 comments:

  1. That sketch was made for washi tape, wasn't it? Love the splash of color on your pretty embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it in under the wire...way to go JoAnn! Hugs my friend....and thanks for playing along with us again at JUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of that pretty washi tape, JoAnn! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Washi tape, why didn't I think of that for the challenge at FMS? Great idea, Joann! Pretty card- CAS at its best. Hope all is well, dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't use Washi tape very often but it's so fun to use! I love how you can take it up and put it back down. Love the big embossed dots and all that white space! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, JoAnn! The bright pink with the black give such a crisp look, and the washi tape is perfect for this sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.