Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy 13th Birthday

I made this card for my granddaughter's 13th birthday this week.  I used the sketch from My Favorite Things MFTWSC#157. This is my first all MFT card.  I love their heavy weight CS.
MFTWSC157
The card base is Smooth White, a layer of Black Licorice, and then  a Blu Raspberry panel embossed with a Sizzix EF - Plaid. The next panel is Smooth White stamped with MFT Plaid Background Builder in Blu Raspberry and Grape Jelly inks, to make my own DSP (I loved this color combo when I saw this card by Jackie Pedro ), and is matted with more black.  The sentiment from LJB-On The Line is stamped in Grape Jelly ink.  I did some paper-piercing around the edges, matted with more black CS and adhered to the plaid panel.  The 13 is from Vanity License Plate stamped in Blu Raspberry ink and cut out with a MFT Circle Stax 1 die. The black scallop mat was cut with a Blueprints 6 die.  I added some glitter to the 13, but it doesn't show up in the photo.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

5 comments:

  1. Super cute! Your Granddaughter is going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card JoAnn! Love how you combine those color :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, JoAnn. The embossed background goes beautifully with the patterend paper. Your granddaughter will be thrilled to get this.
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect card for a 13 year old! Just beautiful! Love the plaid background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The plaid is perfect with the embossed BG! Super b-day card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.