Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Season's Greetings for JUGS #217

ETA;  Woohoo, my card won Chic of the Week
JUGS Chick of the Week #217
I had to think awhile about what I wanted to do for the JUGS #217 challenge to made a one layer card with a winter theme.  I like to add layers and embellishments. :)
 
My card base is SU Bashful Blue and I used my new Simon Says Stamps Falling Snow stencil and molding paste to create the falling snow.  I added some SU Dazzling Diamonds Glitter while it was still wet for some bling.  It doesn't show up very well in the photo, but is really pretty IRL.
I punched a 1" circle and used the negative to sponge on my moon.  I brayered Whisper White ink across the bottom to created some snowdrifts and added touches of my white gel pen to the snow and also to the trees.  I used Mememto Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the trees from Lovely As A Tree, the sentiment from More Merry Messages, and the deer from Winter Post, all from Stampin Up. 
I really like how it turned out and may even make some more before Christmas. 
 
I am also linking to Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge - Make your own background.
The Pink Elephant - Winter theme
 Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Card Challenge - Light it up (my moonlight)
Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your comments.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 

10 comments:

  1. Stunning scene JoAnn!!! I love how it turned out and you should totally do this again...your a natural! Well done my friend! Thanks for playing along with the girls and I at JUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Winter scene! Don't you just love that Falling Snow stencil? I sure do! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful scene! I love the sparkly snow! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! Hope to see you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun scene! Congrats on your win!! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 153 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! What a beautiful creation. Thank you for playing along!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very pretty! Your snow looks wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a pretty scene, JoAnn!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for entering this lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for December - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.