Sunday, November 3, 2013

Joy for Freshly Made Sketches 110

I am playing along with Freshly Made Sketches 110 and made a Christmas card using the sketch.  When I first saw the sketch, I thought of the word Noel, but then with the decorative element in the 4th place, I decided to go with Joy.  It fits perfect along with the poinsettia made with the Spellbinders dies.  I added yellow rhinestones to the center.  I typed "to the World" on my computer and cut it out with MFT's Fishtail Flags Layers Stax dies and added it under the poinsettia.  I slanted it so it wouldn't cover up my "y"  I used SU Lovely Letters Alphabet to stamp the letters in Real Red ink, then punched them with a 1" square and matted them in Garden Green with the SU Scallop Square punch.  The squares and poinsettia are mounted using foam tape.  The DSP is from a retired SU Christmas pack and the mat is Real Red CS.  The card base is Whisper White CS.
 
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.  I appreciate your comments.
 
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

3 comments:

  1. great sketch and very pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a joyful card :) I have those letters too and love them! Perfect for the holidays! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card JoAnn! Love how you've spelled JOY! The poinsettia is a fabulous accent! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.