Thursday, September 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Wishes for Seize The Birthday Challenge

It's Thursday and time for another Seize The Birthday challenge -
It's an Anything Goes Birthday type of challenge with a "Toppings " Option!

Remember that a Topping is infact an "Option" and not a requirement!
Because not everyone always wants a cherry on top...now do they??
So this week your "Toppings" option is

" Monochromatic."

If you decide to add a topping to your Birthday card/project it
should exude one particular color of your choice!
Remember you can always add neutrals to your design

I went with the "Toppings" option and here is my monochromatic card:

 
I chose the new SU in-color Crisp Cantaloupe as my monochromatic color and added the neutrals of SU Whisper White and Crumb Cake (kraft).  I used an older Seize The Birthday sketch #19, but I turned the sketch sideways.  I stamped the flower from SU Flower Shop in Crisp Cantaloupe ink and punched it out with the SU Pansy Punch.  I used the Sizzlets Little Leaves die and Martha Stewart fern punch in Crumb Cake CS around the flower.  The sentiment is from SU Simply Sketched set stamped in Basic Gray ink and mounted on a Spellbinders Timeless Rectangle diecut from Crisp Cantalouple CS.  I also added some faux stitching around the sentiment. The base of the card is Crisp Cantaloupe also.
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your comments.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

5 comments:

  1. I just love Coral and kraft together. Your card displays such elegance and beauty. Love the 3 patterned paper as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are on the same page this week with our color selection JoAnn!!! Love your card!!! Love the added Kraft!! Enjoy your weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Your card is SO pretty! Love the colours and the stamp and the gorgeous frame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that color and the three panels of BG paper FAB flower, too, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sentiment panel and coral and crumb cake are one of my favourite combos! Very pretty card JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.