Monday, July 29, 2013

Happy Birthday for Color Q, Freshly Made & Seize The Birthday

 

I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches 96 and the colors from the Color Q 199 challenge to make my card.  I am also entering it in the Seize The Birthday Anything Goes Challenge

I had to hunt through my papers to find some Groovy Guava from the Ginger Blossoms DSP. I chose this print as it reminds me of all the chicken wire and quatrefoil designs that are popular now. The Kraft strip is embossed with the SU Finial Press EF.  I hand cut the tag and stamped the SU Happy Birthday sentiment in Dusty Durango ink and sponged the edges with some Dusty Durango.  I punched a hole and added some retired SU ribbon and used the scissors blade to curl the ends.  The flower is from SU Flower Soft set and is stamped in Dusty Durango ink on white CS and sponged with DD ink.  I cut it out and shaped the petals with my bone folder, and added a button to the center.  The leaves are cut from Kiwi Kiss CS using the Little Leaves Sizzlet die.  That's it for my card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I appreciate your comments.

 

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful way to combine the challenges. I love the flower with the button. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card JoAnn! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute flower and colors blrnd so well linda little

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, JoAnn, I love your flower and the embossed piece! So happy you played with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE how you curled the ribbon, JoAnn! Your flower is Lovely, too! I drove through Arcadia today and called your home but your dh said you weren't there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your curled flower- I have never done that before- TFS. Isn't is amazing how we just think outside the box- looking for all the colors in our stashes? Nice work with all the challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.