Saturday, April 20, 2013

Merry Monday #58 - The Magic of Christmas

 
Here is my card for this week's Merry Monday #58 sketch challenge.  Click the link and check it out.

For my card I used some older Basic Grey paper from the Wassail 6x6 pad.  I thought the presents in the background paper tied in with the sentiment.  The Magic of Christmas really is in HIS presence. 

The sentiment is from Verve's Peace On Earth Set, stamped with Mememto Tuxedo Black ink on a panel of DSP.  I used a Zig Black pen and ruler to draw the lines around the edges. This panel is mounted with foam tape. The poinsettia is from Verve's Poinsettia Christmas.  It is a 2 stamp image and I stamped the outline and flower in SU Cherry Cobler ink and cut it out.  I went over the outline with a Cherry Cobler marker for a little more definitition.  I added some Queen & Co. Sunflower Yellow Pearls to the center of the poinsettia.  I glued the top half only of the poinsettia to the entiment panel. 

The 3 flag banners are cut with a MFT Fishtail Flag Stax die from the DSP. 

That is my card.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

8 comments:

  1. Stunning work JoAnn, you have used such pretty paper. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sentiment is lovely! Love those papers, too! So glad you played with us this week at the Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours, DSP, sentiment and the poinsettia. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another pretty Christmas card JoAnn! LOVE the paper you've used on your card and your sentiment is just wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, great papers. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely! I wish I worked ahead on Christmas cards, lol. I should totally do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful sentiment and a beautiful Christmas card, JoAnn! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.