Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Wedding Gift

This is a layout I made and am framing it and giving it to a friend for a wedding gift.  I used a photo from their wedding invitation, scanned it and changed to b/w. I also used the sentiment and the date in the hearts on vellum from the invitation.  I hope she likes it. I think it turned out really great.
I used DCVW and SU cardstocks, Rusty Pickle striped paper, MS border punches, Spellbinders carnation dies and francy tag die. The black pearls are from my stash. The flourishes are a My Favorite Things die and the title is cut from the Elegant Cakes Cricut cartridge.
The corners are made by cutting a 2" square and then cutting into triangles by cutting from opposite corners, using a border punch centering it on the long edge of the triangle.  It is not my idea. I saw it on another blog, but don't remember which one.  I thought it was a neat idea. You can use any border punch.
Thanks for dropping by.  Comments are appreciate.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love the vintage look of these colors. They will love it! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.